Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Hand Sanitizer Danger

     Personally I do not like hand sanitizers. I think they help germs mutate and cause  germs that can't be controlled. Some people also use them instead of hand washing thinking they kill all germs when they do not. Also we need some germs to build our immune system. Mostly though I do not like them around kids because they are dangerous. the number one ingredient is alcohol and alcohol is dangerous for kids.

     I worked in a school a few years ago where a young student put hand sanitizer in his water bottle and drank it. He did it just because he wanted to. No real reason, he is a kid and should not have had alcohol at his disposal. I mean would we just sit a bottle of pain killers in the room with kids? No we would not. Would we put a bottle of whisky in the room with kids? I sure wouldn't. Would we put any kind of poison in the room with kids? No we would not. The labels say to keep out of reach of children...right? The school removed all hand sanitizer bottles after that!They became aware of the danger.

     I still work with kids and most of them have hand sanitizer in their back packs. They think it smells great!  They will take it out and ask me to smell it. All I smell is the alcohol but they think it smells great. These are 6 and 7 year old kids. They are carrying around a small bottle of alcohol and this is ok... They are taking this to school and it is ok. However these are kids and they could drink it, if they do, they could die. To me none of this is ok!

    Please people beware, don't buy your kids small bottles of alcohol, schools need to stop allowing it in the building. Get back to washing hands before someone dies. It says Keep out of Reach of Children for a reason! Lets protect our precious little flowers...our kids.

Kids Drink Hand Sanitizer

No comments:

Post a Comment