Saturday, June 13, 2015

I Was Plagiarized: Time to Expose the Thief

     When you write an article, post or any piece of work online it belongs to you. That is a part of the intellectual property rights. It is very unnerving and infuriating to have some lazy piece of crap steal your hard work.

     I used to write for Yahoo Voices and they closed. I am now in the process of moving all of my pieces elsewhere but always check to make sure they are not still in the search database so I don't plagiarize myself. Yesterday I was checking on one of my pieces and when I googled the title I had a hit. But the piece was not written by me. Someone else had used my work on their page. I was furious.

     The thief messed with the wrong person though. I will not just sit still and let him have my work. I am reporting him to the US Copyright and then to Google. I know it isn't a huge deal and the post wasn't a huge one but I bet this person does not have one piece of original work on his blog. He stole mine word for word.