Sunday, May 31, 2020

Coronavirus Shut Down Expressive Art

     Recently I decided to try my hand at expressive art. I created this piece of art to express how I feel about the Coronavirus shut down. This is what I created. I hope to come up with a way to post the art online to sell as a picture but for now wanted to share it here....

     I am also working on a poem to go with this picture.

    I have my own meaning behind this picture. But I have learned that we all interpret things differently.

     I would love to hear the different interpretations of my readers before you read mine.

     So many emotions ran through my mind as I created this. It went in several different directions and actually ended up in a somewhat different direction than I originally planned by the end of the picture. I had not planned to have the people look so much like a child painted them but well, I am not an artist so can't paint people...this is what I came up with....the guy in the corner was supposed to be a bit different but that is how he ended up...As I created this my anger built but as I finished I felt a relief.

    So before reading on to see my meaning behind the creation, respond to this blog and tell me what you see...yes to me it is deep, it might not be to someone else and it might not be quite as deep...

    Here is my meaning behind the creation: Part of these thoughts came from what I read on social media. The comments people made stating how they feel about things...

    The four holding hands represent when we were all happy and things were beautiful in the world. we got along for the most part. We could socialize and enjoy being together.

   The three in masks represent people covering up their faces after the government shut down. They are separated and unable to care about each other. They are cold to each other because they are afraid of dying if they get too close.

    The fire represents the turmoil that is going on....the division that is happening because of the disagreement on how things have gone due to the government shut down.

    Those who wear masks are afraid of certain death if they get sick, they also say people who do not wear them don't care. They believe that wearing a mask protects them from you and you from them.  They say people who do not wear masks want people to die from the virus. The mask is a symbol of caring. If you do not wear one you are a bad person.

    Those who do not wear masks see the mask as a placebo, it is also seen as a symbol of righteousness over those who do not wear it. Those who do not wear one say they care, they just do not believe a mask will do anything. They take the Coronavirus seriously and do not want people to die but yet believe that the illness is not a death sentence. They are not afraid of it. But mostly they do not believe the mask does any good. The masks also scare them because people hiding their face behind a mask also hides their identity and to some that is scary. They like to know who it is they are seeing.
   
    Then there is the one in the middle. This person sees both sides. This person wears a mask out of respect for those who are scared but really does not see it as necessary. This person is sort of afraid of the virus but not real afraid, he is more afraid of the tension between those who are fighting. This person is so conflicted and caught in the crossfire along with the beautiful flower.

    The Earth is divided and she weeps, the flowers die and the person feels alone and defeated because of all of the fighting and tension.

    The person siting down was supposed to have a bubble around his head to represent the immune system being destroyed after people are kept away from each other for months and months. This ends with people having to live in a bubble but I did not know how to paint a bubble without covering the head.
 
    That is the meaning behind it. Mostly that we are in turmoil because one side thinks a certain way and the other thinks differently but no one can seem to get along, they just get mad at each other and the person who just wants to live is caught in the middle and destroyed.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment