Friday, September 8, 2023

My Best Years Were Just Being Mom

    
   I never once felt like my kids were a burden nor did I ever feel like they kept me from doing things I loved to do. Yea for a while I did different things that were with my kids like story time, the park or playdates with friends but I loved those things because I was doing them with my sweet kids who I loved being around. I spent pretty much all of my time with my kids. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the minimal adult time I had but it was rare and that was fine with me.

     I didn’t get to sleep in for years but I got to just hang out with my kids. I didn’t go to movies etc while they were young. But when they were old enough we got to enjoy kids movies together. I didn’t have time to watch what I wanted on TV until they were in bed. But that was ok because I loved many of the kids shows we watched together or reading books which is what we did instead of TV much of the time until they were older.

    I had to fix meals for them and had to later take them to functions they were involved in. I truly did not mind most of the time. 

     Now that my kids are grown I wake up whenever I want on weekends and I can go to a movie whenever I want and watch what I want. I can eat what I want, when I want and I can just pretty much do whatever I want when I want most of the time completely alone, no one to share it with.

     So I have lives both worlds. The crazy busy sometimes chaotic world of a mom and the world of someone who is completely alone. I can honestly without a doubt say that I  would take my busy, never alone days with my kids over all else! Those were the best times of my life! They needed me!  I can't imagine never having had those times. 

     Having the freedom to do what you want whenever you want actually SUCKS!
I am a person who is happiest when I am needed. Being needed gave me purpose and a reason to wake up each day. I can't imagine never having had those wonderful crazy special times with my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment