Saturday, September 2, 2023

Disney's Haunted Mansion 2023 Refreshingly Great

  

   


     I haven't felt compelled to write a review about a movie in a while but the new Haunted Mansion was so good that I wanted to write about it.

     If you are going into the movie expecting it to be like the Eddie Murphy version you will be disappointed. It is important to go into it expecting something new. The Eddie Murphy version was lightly based on the attraction. It was a funny movie and I enjoyed it a lot. 

     The new movie is completely based on the back story to the attraction, adding some modern day characters of course but then aren't all "guests" who enter the mansion modern day characters?

     Those who know the attraction well will catch all of the lines and events that happen while you are on your doom buggy. 

     This movie has a lot of humor. Its a slapstick form of humor, none of which is trashy which is extremely refreshing. I haven't laughed that hard while watching a movie in a long time! 

     Haunted Mansion was also touching. It was endearing and had a fun storyline. 

     This movie was also great because it was pure entertainment. The writers were not trying to promote an agenda of any kind. There were no political or social issues included in this movie. That was so wonderful to me.

      I wish Disney would have given this movie more press. So many people I know had not even heard of it. I only heard about it during a preview at another movies and from watching Disney +.

     I also think it would have been excellent to release it near Halloween. How fun that would have been! 

    Haunted Mansion is a funny and entertaining movie. I put it up there as one of my all time favorite movies.  I was able to kick back, escape reality and thoroughly enjoy a movie without the company trying to push an agenda of any kind on me which was externally  refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment