Thursday, April 2, 2020

Coping With The Coronavirus Government Shut Down by Controlling Fear

I have been struggling with depression over the Coronavirus government shut down, feeling hopeless and like life will never be the same again. Like this is a forever shut down, feeling like the quality of life has taken a complete dive and wondering what the point is of life anymore. I have simply been trying to find a way to cope, a way to no longer feel this severe dread every morning when I get out of bed, to stop waking up worrying about the demise of the people who have lost work and businesses that have shut down, to stop feeling sad because all of the places I love are closed and to stop feeling this complete feeling of destitute like nothing will ever be good or normal again.

I have really been tying to find a way to cope with the depression and feeling of hopelessness which is extremely unhealthy...I have sat and wondered how I can end these feelings, how I can regain hope. How to see the sunshine through the storm.

There is nothing I can do to change what the government has done so I have to accept it and find a way to stay mentally healthy....I also realize that I need to empathize with those who fear the virus because they feel a real fear. I personally do not fear the virus as much as I fear the fallout from the shut down. I fear for the loss of livelihood for many, a livelihood that for some will never return.

I finally found something that helped me realize how important it is that regardless of what I fear it is important for me to stop letting that fear grip me. I read an article that made me realize how detrimental my fear is because those who fear the disease fear it as much as I fear the economy crashing and the fallout from the shut down....we all need to stop letting the fear guide us no matter what it is we fear. This article was helpful in putting things into perspective and to remind me that regardless of why we are in this, we are all in it and have to find ways to cope or our mental health will be our demise.

I plan to follow what this article says to do...work towards ending my fear so I can see positives in life once again.

Here is the great article!

https://medium.com/the-mission/why-coronavirus-should-be-the-least-of-your-worries-d6ed6abe75bc

No comments:

Post a Comment