Sunday, February 18, 2018

Review: User Beware-Looking for Cell Service? Sprint is Not the Way to Go

     I was free of a cell phone contract and not really excited to get into another one. I was happy with my straight talk even though sometimes I could not make calls when I moved to my new home. I was always able to use my data and send a text. My calls never dropped in my car, just inside my home.

     My son had purchased a Sprint contract because he was promised great cell service at a great price. Hmm famous last dishonest words in my opinion. He was told it was only $138 a month but that is before all of their fees which make it $198 a month.

     He talked me into joining him on his plan. So I did. It is the worst service ever! Calls are dropped constantly, many times you can't even send a text and most of the time the data does not work. Then there is the GPS service which will drop in the middle of the city for no reason.

     He has tried to get out of the contract because of the extremely poor service but recently was told since he is in a service area he cannot get out of the contract.

     However three months ago when he began complaining he was told by one of the Sprint employees if he did this BIOS thing on the phones and that did not work he could be released from the contract. That was a lie.

     When he called to tell Sprint that the BIOS thing did not work he was told that he could get an amplifier to make the phones work better in the house. That the service in our area is weak. Hmm don't people get cell phones so they work everywhere not just at home? If that was what we wanted we would get a landline.

     He told them that calls drop all of the time, sometimes you cant' even make a call. Texts don't send much of the time and data doesn't work often. The GPS thing is also an issue.

     So yet after another call they said to report to the opt out e-mail system. He did that and was told since there is service at the house he cannot be released from the contract.

     Sprint is not about customer satisfaction! We are not satisfied customers at all. It is the worst service ever. The phones should work outside of a Sprint area, they do not. You should be able to text or make calls but are not most times even in the Sprint area. I know with Verizon even when you are outside of their service area your phone works because they bounce off other towers. Not with Sprint, your phone does not bounce off the towers, at least ours don't.

     Many times I have needed my GPS to get places in the city only to have it go out on me. That is very bad on the freeway because it will not connect again until I pull off to find a place with wifi so I can connect. I never once had that happen with Verizon or Straight talk.

     When I call places now I tell them my number right away in case the call is dropped. Then I tell them I have Sprint. They just say I need say nothing more, they have the same issues with Sprint and know all well how poor the service is.

     We are stuck with 6 more months of this lousy service so will be throwing away $1600 more on something that does not work properly.

     I am here to tell all who read this not to get Sprint, their service is pathetic and they do not wish to satisfy customers.They don't care if calls drop on a regular basis, sometimes you are not even able to call out. You call somewhere and are put on hold only to have the call drop just when the person answers, texts do not send much of the time, data rarely works and GPS signal is poor. They do not care. They hold you to the contract for substandard service. I will be so glad to be done with them and again stress those who want good cell service to look elsewhere!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment