Saturday, June 16, 2018

Moments Become Memories, Make Each Moment Memorable

     Looking back on my childhood I do not remember
the things my mom bought me. Well I do, but those things do not stand out in my mind as memorable. When my kids used to talk to me about memories they did not talk about the things they got, they talked about the memories we made. Some of them were even memories made out of negative moments.

     I remember when I was a kid my mom would make me clothes for my dolls. I remember her making them and thinking how special I felt that my mom took the time to sew doll clothes for me.

     As years pass by I recall less and less from my younger days but some memories do still stand out. I remember the times I traveled with my entire family  and the fun we had together. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and I would go on vacations together, camping and we had many gatherings at grandma and grandpas home. Those memories are some I hold close and dear to my heart.

    In my teen years and early adult years I visited my grandparents and remember playing marbles. Some of my happiest memories are of my grandpa and I teaming up and beating my mom and my grandma.

     Of course there are so many more fond memories from my childhood, those are just a few.

     My kids told me that they remember all the times they spent with their great grandma, grandma and me. They remember the fun we had going to Disneyland. The times we went to the park and they played and even the memories of us being stranded for hours on the freeway. They have talked about fond memories such as those. I am sure they have many more.

     When my kids were little I tried to make our time together memorable. I spent time with them so that they would look back on those memories fondly. Sometimes it was simply reading a book at the end of the day, the traditions we created at Christmas time and the moments that we just were together.

     I now have a young grandson who I am making what I hope are memorable moments. I enjoy spending time with him, reading to him and just being with him. I hope he looks back someday and remembers those times with grandma as fondly as I remember mine with my grandma and my kids remember with theirs.

    There are negative things in life that do make it difficult sometimes but I think those memorable times are the ones that we hold closest to our heats and at the end of the day those will be the times we cherish most of all.
   
      Every moment can't be memorable,there are some you simply forget and there are some you want to forget but it is important to make more memorable moments with those that you love than just moments in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment